How to Register for the Interswitch Safetoken Service.
Registering for the Safetoken enables you carry out transactions on any web merchant site that has integrated to the interswitch Payment gateway using a One Time Password (OTP) as a second level authentication process in addition to your Card Number, PIN and CVV2 code.
Here are the steps required to register for Interswitch Safetoken service.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SAFETOKEN
1) Go to the nearest ATM, and insert your ATM card
2) Input your 4-digit PINand press Enter
3) Select your bank account type eg Savingsor Current
4) Select the ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu screen
NOTE: Not all ATM machine has Quickteller option, if any doesn't have it switch to others. Almost all FirstBank ATM machine has quickteller option.
5) Select ‘Pay Bills’ from the Quickteller menu list on the ATM screen
6) Select ‘Others’ for the bill payment menu option list
7) Enter ‘322222”as the Biller Code
8) Enter your Phone Numberas the Customer Reference Number and select ‘Proceed’
9) You will get a display “Do you want to make this payment?” Amount Due:N1
10) DO NOT edit the amount to be paid
11) Click on “Pay amount due”
12) You will then get a confirmation page indicating the registration was successful
*Note that a surcharge of N100 may be applicable to each successful registration.
USING THE SAFETOKEN SERVICE
Once registration is completed and activated, the Safetoken service is ready for use. Each time you are prompted to input an OTP on a merchant’s website, you will be prompted to send an SMS to “30010” from your registered mobile number and an OTP will be sent to your phone via SMS. You can then enter the OTP received on the web payment page to enable you complete the payment transaction successfully.
Registration can also be done online via www.quickteller.com but your bank will need to validate your web registration before it becomes active. So you can also contact your bank directly to validate you, after registering on the quickteller website.
Please note that you may need to request for your card to be activated for online payments by your bank before you are able to utilize this service.
For more information on Safetoken, please visit our FAQ page on: https://connect.interswitchng.com/faqs/safetoken-faq/